CORONAVIRUS UPDATE – 28.06.21
COVID-19 has thrown Perth a new curveball with the Delta strain of the virus however our focus remains unchanged. We are here for YOU and YOUR PETS!
URGENT SERVICES by Veterinary practices are still deemed essential services and we remain OPEN. If you have any queries about whether your pets appointment or concern is urgent, please do not hesitate to contact us on 9405 1122. Please work with us as we try and tend to the most pressing issues that we collectively face. The health and welfare of our staff and clients is an absolute priority.
What we are doing:
- The ONE PERSON PER PET rule will remain in place. Additionally and in order to limit our exposure, it may be necessary for our veterinary team examine a pet (following the collection of an adequate clinical history) in a room separate from their owners. While not our usual procedure, this is not an uncommon practice in the veterinary world.
- We have alcohol based hand sanitiser throughout the hospital, including at reception for clients’ use on arrival to the hospital.
- Regular disinfection of consultations rooms after every patient visit and regular disinfection of our waiting rooms, theatres and kennelling areas.
- “Elbow bumps” and waves are back in!
- Any members of staff that are unwell or a close contact will be asked to stay home.
How you can help us:
- If you have cold and flu symptoms, or are self-isolating, we ask that you delay your consultation until the period of self-isolation is complete. If your pet needs urgent assistance, please call us on 94051122 to discuss options, this will help us to determine the best course of action, which may include collecting your pet from your car or conducting the consultation via phone.
- If you have returned from overseas travel or interstate in the last 2 weeks, as mandated by the Australian government regarding self-isolation, please do not visit our clinic. If your pet needs urgent assistance, please contact us on the phone to discuss further.
- Social distancing – To help with this, we encourage you to call us when you arrive and wait in your car with your pet or outside unless the waiting area is empty. Once we are ready to see you, we will text or call you to come into the hospital. Whilst inside the hospital please maintain 2m separation.
- Please No Cash Payments – please use contactless payment methods.
- Please do not place belongs on or lean over the front desk. These requests are all in the interest of ensuring that our staff and clients stay protected and safe.
- If you are in need of any repeat prescription medications, prescription foods, or any preventative health products (e.g. flea and worm treatments), please call ahead so we can have this ready for you to minimise your time in the waiting room. If you can call us again on your arrival in our hospital car park, this will assist us greatly in having the products you need ready and waiting.